- New Residents
- Living & Exploring
- Downtown Village District
Downtown Village District
The Downtown Village District is located in the heart of Holly Springs. The district includes Town Hall, Holly Springs Cultural Center and library, and Hunt Recreation Center. Downtown has about 60 businesses. The Coworking Station near Town Hall is home to about 20 businesses.
Activities downtown include a Saturday morning farmers market and events, such as the Happy Holly Days parade. The Village District is a great place to be, and we'd love to have you here!
To stimulate development in the Village District, the Holly Springs Town Council adopted a Downtown Investment Grant Policy. It provides for possible assistance with infrastructure costs and development fee reductions. These are considered case by case. For more information, contact the Economic Development office.
Downtown Holly Springs is being shaped into a vibrant town center
Private investors and public funds have contributed to the momentum, in particular with a group of three projects to add roughly 100,000 square feet of retail, restaurant and office spaces, as well as infrastructure improvements that include additional parking, improved roads and regional stormwater management.
- The Block on Main (300 South Main Street)
- 52,530 sq. ft., a three-story mixed-use building (office, retail, restaurant)
- Town Hall Commons (242 S. Main Street)
- 45,000 sq. ft. of mixed-use building space (office, retail, restaurant)
- Additional public investment to add parking and build road improvements and stormwater management.
This group of projects has also:
- Added about 50 businesses (with an additional 20 businesses in the expanded Coworking Station space)
- Created about 500 jobs
- Within the first year (2018), the economic impact was $85M, with a continuing annual impact of $49.7M.
- Over 20 years, this group of projects is projected to generate $1B in regional economic impact.