Community Grants Program
The Town of Holly Springs sets aside $15,000 each budget year to assist local non-profit groups through a grant program. Eligible organizations may apply for up to $2,500 once a year. Applicants may receive partial funding or none at all. Grants must be used for a public purpose.
Fiscal Year 2019-20 Application Deadline - Feb. 26, 2020
Applications are judged by a Town Council committee on a number of factors, among them:
• How much of an impact does this organization have on the Holly Springs community?
• Are funds to be spent for a public purpose in accordance with the state’s Constitution?
• Does this organization have other sources of funding?
• Is this organization home-based in Holly Springs and/or provide services directly to citizens of Holly Springs?
• Does this organization use some of its money to pay salaries and benefits to staff members?
• Does this organization provide a service that the Town itself otherwise would have to provide?
• Does this organization show a willingness or effort to support itself financially?•
The Council will review applications and award grants in April or May.
How to Apply
Applicants should have submitted a completed Civic Organization Grant Program application, a current year budget, and an independent financial audit by the application deadline. For groups applying for more than $500, a financial statement of assets and liabilities / net worth also was required.
Contact Town Clerk Linda McKinney at (919) 557-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.