Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Parks & Greenways
Events & Programs
Connect With Us
Parks & Recreation
Bass Lake Park
In the late 1800s Needham Norris built a grist mill at the lake.
In 1892 John Mills bought the property and named the lake Mills Pond.
In the early 1900s, an old country store was located on the lake's banks where visitors could relax on the porch and fish for $.50.
The old grist mill collapsed during a storm in May 1949.
Harry Cornell purchased the lake in the early 1950s and renamed it Bass Lake, reflecting his love of nature and wildlife.
In 1996 during Hurricane Fran, the dam burst and the lake drained dry.
In 1999, the Town of Holly Springs acquired the property and began a lake restoration project.
The restoration was completed and the lake opened to the public in 2004.
Visitors once again relax on a lakeside porch, and they can fish for free.
The lake is fed by three creeks and has been a favorite spot for fishing, family picnics and baptisms for over 150 years.
Boating and Fishing
Bass Lake Park Map
Online Program Registration
Bass Lake Birthday Parties
Geocaching and Letterboxing
Conference Room and Deck Rentals
Rental Rates and Packages
Rental Quote Request
Bass Lake Picnic Shelter
Picnic Shelter Rentals
Jefferson L. Sugg Farm at Bass Lake Park
Dog Park at Sugg Farm
Festivals and Events
Contact and Connect
Professional Photographer Permit
Government Websites by
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow