Can I run a business from my home?
Prior to starting a home-based business or running a home office within the Town of Holly Springs or its extraterritorial jurisdiction, you must register your home occupation to verify that it will be in compliance with the Town's Unified Development Ordinance. The ordinance prohibits outside storage and the display of goods, limits signs, and regulates the number of employees and customers allowed, as well as the amount of space that is being used within the home for the business. Some home occupations require approval by the Town Council. For more information and a Home Occupation Registration Packet, contact the Department of Planning & Zoning at (919) 557-3908.

Show All Answers

1. How can I learn more about new development projects in Holly Springs?
2. What type of permit is required for sheds and other accessory structures?
3. What type of signage is permitted in Town, and where can I get a permit?
4. Who can verify my address?
5. What is the Board of Adjustment?
6. What is a landscape buffer or easement?
7. What is the Comprehensive Plan?
8. Can I run a business from my home?
9. What is the Planning Board?
10. Can I put a hot tub or swimming pool on my property?
11. What is the Unified Development Ordinance?