About the Town of Holly Springs
The Town of Holly Springs is a vibrant community of approximately 46,000 residents located in the desirable Research Triangle Park region of southwest Wake County, just hours from the mountains of North Carolina and numerous Atlantic Ocean beaches. Residents and visitors alike benefit from an outstanding quality of life featuring a unique combination of beautiful natural spaces; parks, trails, and recreational amenities; award-winning schools; extremely low crime rate; excellent healthcare options; family-oriented neighborhoods; diverse shopping, dining, and cultural options.
The Town has worked strategically for years to make Holly Springs a perfect fit for the life science and biomanufacturing industry. Those efforts have paid off with construction underway for both FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Amgen, and other life-science companies. Collectively, these investments total $4 billion and will add over 1200 jobs.
In 2019, the Town Council adopted its first Strategic Plan that defines yearly goals and focus areas. The Town’s Vision is Holly Springs offers an unmatched quality of life that reflects the joys of small town living in a safe, family-friendly community that residents and businesses are proud to call home. The plan has five Priority Areas:
- Economic Prosperity: Holly Springs promotes fulfilling and rewarding lifestyles with abundant, healthy living options.
- Engaged, Healthy & Active Community: Holly Springs promotes fulfilling and rewarding lifestyles with abundant, healthy living options.
- Organizational Excellence: Holly Springs is a leader in responsible government with a high-performing organization that meets the public service needs of its residents.
- Responsible & Balanced Growth: Holly Springs will continue to plan for future infrastructure and support a quality, balanced mix of land uses while preserving its small-town charm, characteristics, and history.
- Safe & Friendly: Holly Springs is one of the safest communities in North Carolina with a welcoming spirit and inviting atmosphere.
The Town of Holly Springs is a full-service municipality that operates under the Council/Manager form of government. There are six members of the Council including the Mayor. The Town employs 415 employees and has a FY23 budget of over $88 million. The Town places a high priority on civic engagement and offers a variety of ways for citizens to interact and participate. Town of Holly Springs’ employees are the organization’s most valuable quality. The employees strive to deliver first-class service and are committed to making a positive impact in the community. Their core values reflect their commitment to each other and the community.
As Town of Holly Springs employees, our core values are our commitment to each other and our community:
- Accountability: We own our work and are responsible for our actions.
- Compassionate Excellence: We provide exceptional service, treating everyone with respect, dignity, and courtesy while continuously striving to take ourselves and our team to new levels.
- Creativity: Innovation thrives through diversity of thought, curiosity, and trying new ideas.
- Integrity: Trustworthy, ethical, and honest.
- Teamwork: We seek opportunities to collaborate and build positive relationships with each other and the community.
About Holly Springs Human Resources
The Town offers many exciting opportunities to grow in a career while making a difference in citizens' lives. Each Town department meets a unique need in the community and provides a setting for professional growth and personal satisfaction. The Human Resources Department is responsible for recruitment and selection, position classification and compensation, benefits management, policy administration, personnel records management, workers' compensation administration, Family and Medical Leave Act administration, employee relations, and wellness initiative management.
The Human Resources Department strives to:
- Provide personnel programs and policies that are fair and legal
- Maintain comprehensive benefits and competitive pay
- Promote workplace wellness to retain a skilled and diverse workforce that meets the varied needs of the Town and its citizens.
The Town of Holly Springs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Town of Holly Springs is a drug-free employer.