Holly Springs Skyhawk Radio Control Group
Holly Springs Skyhawk Radio Control Group is a club that regularly meets in the park's Sugg Farm section. For more information about the club, visit the Skyhawk website.
- Club holds Wings over Springs - an annual charity fly-in
- Site Restrictions/Limitations
- Electric and quiet propulsion
- Model aircraft of 2-meter wingspan or less
- Helicopter/multi-rotors 450 size and below
- Flying is conducted below 400 feet
South Wake Conservationists
South Wake Conservationists (SWC) is a chapter of the NC Wildlife Federation serving southern Wake County and the surrounding area. The chapter’s mission is to conserve and improve wildlife habitat and diversity through conservation projects and public outreach. SWC was founded at Bass Lake Park in 2013 and holds in-person meetings with a guest speaker that are open to the public at the Bass Lake Conference Center the third month of each quarter. In addition SWC hosts webinars on various wildlife and habitat topics the second month of each quarter. In-person activities include:
- Eco Kids Program connecting kids with nature
- Garden for Wildlife Program establishing pollinator gardens, holding litter sweeps, and removing invasive species
- Deer Program collecting harvested deer to produce ground venison for distribution to local food pantries
- Field Trips for outdoor education and enjoyment
- Community Engagement booths at local festivals
Visit the SWC Website here for more information and a calendar of activities and subscribe to receive notices by email of upcoming events.
If your club is interested in meeting at Bass Lake Park, please contact Bass Lake Park Manager Carolyn Couch at (919) 577-3162.