If you are looking to start a home based business, a Home Occupation Registration is required.
- Check with your Home Owner Association (HOA) to see if home based businesses are allowed in your subdivision.
- Certain home based businesses are prohibited in residential neighborhoods. If you are planning an in-home day-care a Special Exception Use is required to be requested from the Town Council. Contact Development Services for additional information. Additional permits are required from the State to operate an in-home day-care.
- Contact Development Services to see if you qualify to register your Home Occupation.
- Application for Home Occupation Registration.
- Any home based business that will have clients/ customers coming to the residence will require a fire inspection from the Town's Fire Department.
- Certain home based businesses with client/customers coming to the residence may be required to meet ADA requirements for handicapped accessibility.