Home-Based Businesses

201 Vinewood Pl.JPG

If you are looking to start a home based business, a Home Occupation Registration is required.

  • Check with your Home Owner Association (HOA) to see if home based businesses are allowed in your subdivision.
  • Certain home based businesses are prohibited in residential neighborhoods. If you are planning an in-home day-care a Special Exception Use is required to be requested from the Town Council. Contact Development Services for additional information. Additional permits are required from the State to operate an in-home day-care.

Next Steps:

  • Contact Development Services to see if you qualify to register your Home Occupation.
  • Application for Home Occupation Registration.
  • Any home based business that will have clients/ customers coming to the residence will require a fire inspection from the Town's Fire Department.
  • Certain home based businesses with client/customers coming to the residence may be required to meet ADA requirements for handicapped accessibility.