New Resident and Business Information

Welcome to Holly Springs!

Please submit your utility application and deposit (if applicable) at least two business days in advance of your start service date.

Set Up New Service

  • Complete the Residential Utility Application online or visit the Finance office at Holly Springs Town Hall, 128 S. Main St., to set up new service.
    • The Town provides water, wastewater, garbage, recycling, and yard waste services.
    • After receiving your application, Town staff will call you to collect the deposit by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.

Avoid Paying a Deposit

If you own or are purchasing a residential property, you can provide a letter of intent to purchase or the first page of your closing disclosure to avoid paying a deposit. 

  • Provide this documentation with your application prior to service being activated. 
  • If you are applying online, save the document on your computer and upload the document to the online form. If you are unable to upload the document, please fax the document to our Finance Department at (919) 557-7407. 

If you are renting your home, or if you have a commercial/business account, a deposit will be required to start services. 


  • If the water service has been turned off prior to your service start date, you will need to be present when the water service is turned back on.    
  • If you are making an in-town move, your new address will have a different account number from your old address.    
    • Submitting a utility application for your new address will not disconnect your previous address. You must submit a disconnect request to close the previous account.    
  • After submitting your utility application, the Town will not contact you unless an issue processing your request arises or a deposit is required.