Americans with Disabilities Act / Section 504 Policy Statement
The Town of Holly Springs prohibits discrimination on the basis of a disability with respect to all terms and conditions of employment and access to its activities, programs, and services. Any interference, coercion, restraint, retaliation, or reprisal of any person alleging disability discrimination is prohibited.
For the purposes of this policy, an individual with a disability is defined as any person who:
- Has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities;
- Has a record of such an impairment; or
- Is regarded as having such impairment.
The town is committed to:
- Providing reasonable accommodation for an individual with a disability to participate in employment, activities, programs, and services and has established procedures to allow persons with a disability to request reasonable accommodation;
- Providing access to persons using its facilities, buildings, and town-maintained roads, sidewalks, and crosswalks; and
- Ensuring that communications with applicants, participants, beneficiaries, members of the public, and companions with disabilities are as effective as communications with others.
The town has an ADA coordinator, Kristi Moore, who can answer ADA-related questions and handle reasonable accommodation requests as well as provide information on established procedures for filing a complaint alleging discrimination on the basis of a disability. The ADA coordinator can be contacted at (919) 557-2933, through email at email@example.com or by regular mail at the mailing address:
Town of Holly Springs
Attn: ADA Coordinator Kristi Moore
PO Box 8
Holly Springs, NC 27540
Any questions or comments concerning this policy should be referred to the ADA coordinator.