County, State & Federal Resources

Government Resources

Holly Springs taxpayers also are served by government offices, programs and services on the county, state and federal levels. Below are some commonly-used services and contact information for government offices and representatives.

Wake County

Wake County is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, elected at-large to serve four-year terms. Terms are staggered so that, every two years, three or four Commissioners are up for election. The commissioners enact policies such as establishment of the property tax rate, regulation of land use and zoning outside municipal jurisdictions, and adoption of the annual budget. Commissioners meet on the first and third Mondays of each month.

Wake County provides Holly Springs residents with a number of important services, including the Wake County Public School System.

Wake County’s website is a resource with links to many county-level services, including these commonly-requested ones:

  • Elections and Voting: For voter registration information, polling places, and schedules
  • Register of Deeds: For vital records, marriage licenses, taxes, property, and deeds information
  • Landfill: For facilities, locations, hours, and recycling centers
  • Health and Human Services: For social services, public health, mental health, job training, child support, housing, and transportation
  • IMAPS: For property information via an interactive map

State & Federal Resources

Citizens are represented on the state and federal levels by elected congressmen and senators. Click here to find your districts and representatives.

Currently, the most reliable way to determine representation for an individual is to use the "Voter Lookup" tool maintained by the State Board of Elections. The State Board of Elections' database contains district assignments for all registered voters, as determined by their local boards of elections. To use the Voter Lookup tool:

  1. Open the Voter Lookup page
  2. Enter your information into the form and click the "Submit" button.
  3. If more than one person is found, select one and click the "Use Selected" button.
  4. In the middle of the results page, click on the "My Districts" link to see your district assignments.
  5. You can then return go to the State of North Carolina General Assembly home page to look up your representatives based on those districts.

On the Federal level, the Congressional members who represent citizens residing in the 27540 zip code can be found at the United States House of Representatives' Find Your Representatives page.

North Carolina’s senators and contact information can be found on the United States Senate website on the Find Your Senators page.

Residents will find and can download for free helpful income tax forms and instructions from the Internal Revenue Service website.